Sunday, August 04, 2013

At the end of the day

Even after a long day of busying myself with baking and prepping the house for raya, at the back of my mind I still think of you. And I wondered how things were to be if we're still together. Then I stopped wondering altogether. Not a word from you since that night, and that's enough reason to wake me up from daydreaming of things that will never happen.

Fact is, you still don't care.

Fact is, I am still in love with you.

Fact is, we can't go back.

So that leaves me dealing with this break up and facing it right in the face. It's hard, simply because I miss you so much, but it's okay. Missing you is only human. Being weak is okay sometimes. Things don't magically happen overnight, it takes time. And time is all I have on my hands right now.

I'm sad, but I have people that makes me happy. I'm thankful for that.

I never thought I'd have to take my own advice in handling break ups. Glad I wrote things down, though. :)

Click for previous post on how to cure a broken heart

One day at a time baby. One day at a time.

No comments: