Saturday, July 05, 2014

Ramadhan this year

People! It's been way too long, I feel like I'm getting rusty at writing. Well, it's not like I have nothing to write about anymore, in contrast, I have tons to tell! Like how I went on a trip to Krabi alone, like how I said goodbye to my girls whom wrapped up their studies in Monash and now are safely at home, the list just goes on and on.

But on to what's current..... Ramadhan. It's a lil too fast, no? One year passes by so fast! Last year, at this time, I was dating someone else, feeling miserable with him, but happy that I was home finally after six years of being away in boarding school and college. I had so much time on my hand last year, I could cook and exercise and monitor my lil rascals, I wish I could have more of that this year.

Hurm, Ramadhan in Nilai so far is VERY lonely and tiring. People would normally break fast with their family or group of friends, or with their significant other, and here I am, most of the time alone in my room munching on whatever I have within arm's reach.

VERY unhealthy.

Seven days fasting, today will mark the first day that I set foot at Pasar Ramadhan. If I managed to find one, that is. As I'm typing stuffs here in my room, my mind flies to the pasar, thinking of what to get to break fast already! Though I strongly believe in moderation when going to places like this, I'm kinda scared that I'll turn into a food-hunting monster once I see what they have in store for me. Hehehe. Typical Chak.

What else is different for Ramadhan this year?

Oh yeah, my first time fasting on board. On some days, I kinda like it, coz time passes by so fast when you're busy with work, and before you know it, it's already time to break fast! I don't get tempted much by food that they serve on board, or even when my colleagues eat, but more by drinks! Hahaha, my oh my, when I see iced-drinks, my mouth starts watering. T_T But hey, everything is under control. What is not under control is my stomach's inability to be totally empty during sahur, which is surprising this year, coz I used to be able to not eat in the morning and go on just fine fasting for the rest of the day. Since the nature of my job involves a lot of energy, it should not come as a surprise for me to get sick on board coz of my empty stomach. That, was not fun, trust me.

So, no more going to work fasting without eating for sahur? Yup. Yup. I have learnt my lesson.

That pretty much sums up my Ramadhan, so far.

I shall go get my food-hunting on now, I believe the pasar is open already! Miahaha, food, here I come!

No comments: