Monday, July 13, 2015

Saying goodbye

So I opened my Dubai portal, to see the countdown again. I have 46 days before leaving the country, for three years. I feel like these days I reminisce a lot on the good things here, so it's harder for me to say goodbye and let go. That aside, I intend to make the most of the remaining 46 days, spending quality time with my family and friends.

Since I'm such a nostalgic person, such a drama queen, I like exaggerating on stuffs. We all know that after leaving my company, I'll probably be back in Melaka, feeding myself fat and watching series on my laptop.

Which brings me to this, I am actually only flying for three more days before hanging my red uniform for good in the closet! Two years passes by so fast, isn't it? I am excited to leave for a better place, but am also sightly sad leaving familiar ground. Selangor has been my home for six years now. I have favorite places I go to, places I have yet to explore, so many things I'm leaving behind here.

The thought of being an expat, scares me a little bit. Not having the familiarity of my own language, food, people, customs and laws, scares me.

Going there alone, scares me too.

But we do what we gotta do to get by in life. I hope for more adventures, more opportunities for me to grow and be a better person. I hope in leaving, I won't be coming back empty-handed.

Saying goodbye-wise, I just came back from Penang yesterday. Who knew I would've fallen in love with that place? A year and a half frequenting that island, I have favorite places I said goodbye to, too.

After raya, I'm going back to Kedah. Another favorite place of mine from childhood. I wonder how much it has changed, the last time I was there was three years ago.

So I guess now all I need to do is prepare myself to leave...

No comments: