Tuesday, September 15, 2015

And then the year is 24

I can't believe that I'm finally 24, and that my birthday is over! (Of course I'm kidding, and I'll celebrate my birthday for the rest of September, but you get my point...) Everyone knows by now how much I love my birthday, and this year that remains true. Being in Dubai only change a small portion of that, but I'm perfectly fine with changes now. I try to embrace it. :) hahaha granted it was hard at first, but I'm glad that I have my family and friends that make me feel loved even when I'm so far away!

It's still amazing how things are different for me now, to compare it with five, six months ago. I learn big time that nothing is guaranteed in this life, and I have to make the most out of it. With age, I learn the importance of being happy, no matter what. Sad days, heartbreaks, all will pass with time. Prioritizing and doing things that leads to my own happiness, and spreading joy, is what I am getting myself familiar with. Picking myself up when I'm down, cleaning my own mess, all that "growing up" package entails, I'm doing it now.

And every year, I always hope for more. I want to be a better person, I want to aspire greatness, I want to do more for people as much as I want to do more for myself. This year, again I'm thankful for another year living and experiencing things, for the memories made, for all the hellos and goodbyes, for strangers that became friends, for friends that became family, for family that is always so supportive. Thank God for all of that. 

I pray that I'll be granted another year to live, laugh, cry, love, and enjoy all the little things life has to offer. Thank you for making this year a memorable one as well! 
Love,
xx

No comments: