Saturday, December 26, 2015

Giving back

During my idle time these days, whether at home in Dubai, or outstations in my hotel room, I tried considering several things to do. You know, to be productive and all. Well, I haven't done anything to consider myself being productive, but.. the extra time on my hand got me thinking about stuffs. Namely what I'm doing with my life and where I'm heading.

Since I can't figure out yet what to do after Dubai, I have been stressing myself a lot about it. And it doesn't help when the one you're talking to every day seems to have everything figured out. Hearing him talk about it every day sometimes makes me feel like such a failure in life, but also provided me with the necessary kick to not get stuck here.

Anyways, that's not the point. The point is, what can I do to make myself feel better?

Last night on facebook I stumbled upon a video of hungry kids in Africa. It wasn't the first time that I saw these videos and it brought me to tears, but this time I decided to do something about it.

I feel like I can certainly spare RM30 every month to feed hungry kids. And so I did. It's such a small amount, but it gives me joy knowing someone is gonna get food with that money.

So today I learned something new. Even when you don't know where you are going with life, and it upsets you, just remember to be thankful. There is always something to be done about it. If you are looking for fulfillment and self-achievement, there are more things that can give you that feeling, other than the amount of money in your bank.

That's it for now, me lovelies. Hope you have had a very jolly Christmas!

Always full of love,
xx

No comments: