Monday, March 14, 2016

Let's talk about meaning

As we grow older, a lot of things change. Our looks, that's a definite, we ourselves evolve on the interior. We become different people. We learn, and we most definitely improve over time. 

With people, some of them mean less to you now than they used to. Some mean more to you now than ever. It's just how time works, making me wonder. 

And of course, the inevitable. How much do you mean now, to people around you? Is it the same? Or you mean less and less to them now that they have too much on their plate? To judge this is not a healthy thing to do, but to remember to nurture great relationships might be an effort worth doing. 

As for me, the same thing applies. One day, I might not mean as much to this man as I used to. Whatever I say won't weigh so much on him as it does now. But I hope that we both will remember how good we treat each other, how we respect each other, enough to be kind to one another even when we don't matter much to each other anymore.

xx

2 comments:

Ruzaini M. said...

I agree. The simplest things in life, i.e significance to someone else and to us can means so much in the end. Oh man how much we've grown to appreciate things like this.

Hope you are well my dear! :)

little miss s said...

Awh, ninie! It's been a while. all is well with me, hope you are too!