Tuesday, December 27, 2016

It's time to look back

Hello my lovelies! It seems that I have yet again managed to desert this blog for months. Oh what can I say, I've been mostly spending my time on off days wasting time on dramas and stuff. Not good, not good. Korean dramas always bring out the worst of my potato couching habit. Anyways, since I've got a bit of time on my hands now, I've decided to just remove the spiderwebs from this blog and blog a little.

I have a tiny bit idea of what to write on, since this is where I always rant. Let me then, begin by ranting. Looking at the calendar today, it's already two more days before Christmas! And soon New Year will roll in, and I, will become a year older. I've been struck by how fast the year went by as I sat down again, trying to write my new year's resolution. I thought to myself, "Really? It's time for another list?". Yup. It is time..

And like I've done so many years before, it's also time to look back at what 2016 was like for me. I find myself thinking that it was quite a lonely year in Dubai after I started flying. My batchmates and I dont hang out anymore, so I've been stuck at home most of the time. Looking at photos and all, I think that it's great that I've gone to so many places this year, crossed off items from my goals as well. I can only say that it feels amazing to be able to do that. I feel like my life is coming together in a way. I had a hard time this year trying to decide my path in life, on whether I should stay here for long or work my way up and get what I can get and leave. Either way, I feel like money is a big factor to stay, so I'm gonna stay here for a bit. :)

Looking back at how I was as a person, I feel like quite a bit has changed. The kind, always smiling me is replaced to a harsher, mean me. And I hate it. As much as I pride myself in being a nice person in general, it embarrasses me to admit that I've become harsh. I had promised myself not to get affected by how much negativity there is here in the crew population, yet I find myself just spiralling down that way. It's not too late to turn it around, I know that. The effort that it will take though, is not something I'll be looking forward to.

I also did not expect to be relying on someone so much this year, when I thought those days were over. As a result, I revert back to being in my little bubble of happiness where in the end I let my mood and actions be affected so much by a person. I wanted to escape that so bad when I came to Dubai. This I know I'll have to work on starting now and going into 2017. It affected me so much on my relationship with people, and I resented myself for being so moody. So, hopefully, no more of that after this.

Resolutions wise, I will say proudly that I managed to fulfil almost all of my goals last year. Which is always good, and this year I'm gonna try to set some goals and work towards it too.

And with that let the curtain drop for 2016 and welcome 2017 with open hands!

Picture from the day I spent playing with the penguins in SkiDubai. :)

Till next time, loves! 
xx

No comments: